These classes, taught by a native English speaker, will teach basic skills in a casual and fun environment. Participants may attend as many sessions as they like. Registration required. Open to all.
Thursday, April 15 • 2:30 – 3:30 pm • Register online for HSA409
No Registration required. Open to all. A list of ingredients is available on the registration page.
Learn to make traditional Irish Soda Bread with Chef Rob Scott, a delicious bread that can be enjoyed anytime! Pick up a kit containing dry ingredients for the recipe and then follow along, at home, on YouTube to prepare the perfect bread at home! Please note: Patrons will have to have other ingredients on hand at home to complete the recipe. Kits are limited and will be available to pick up beginning March 5. One kit per household. Registration required. HPL cardholders only.
In this hands-on class, learn advanced word processing features including, Autotext, AutoCorrect, References, Citations, Review features, including track changes. Prerequisites: Introduction and Intermediate Word. You will receive a GoToMeeting link by email the day before the meeting. Registration required. Open to all.
We all know how to type in text, but let’s get back to the power of the pen and learn how to form letters the old-fashioned way! Join Helen Murdock-Prep and learn the fun, cursive style known as calligraffiti. Supplies Suggested for Class: Tombow Dual Brush Markers (or any other brand brush markers); White Gel Pen;Black Micron Pen in any size. A link with worksheets will be available at registration. Registration required. Open to all.
- Proof of identification (photo ID).
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents.
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number.
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return.
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received.
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check.
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number.
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements.
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.
- Your green card.
- Information for your application about your address, work and travel history.
- If you are currently married: Please bring your spouse’s full legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, current address, date of marriage, “A” number (if your spouse has one) and the date and place of naturalization (if your spouse naturalized).
- Information about all your prior marriages and about all of your current spouse’s prior marriages, including date of marriage, date the marriage ended, and how marriage ended (copy of divorce/death/annulment papers).
- If you have been arrested: Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if charges were dropped. If you don’t have these documents yet or don’t know where to get them you should still come to the workshop.
- If you wish to file for a fee waiver (I-912), please bring documents verifying your income, including a copy of last year’s tax return.
Featured at the Station
- Foreign language books for adults: French, Creole, Hindi, Korean, Spanish
- Literacy materials for adults
- Bi-lingual books for children
Classes for New English Speakers
Taught by a native English speaker in a casual and fun environment.
For more information call 631- 421-5053.
Beginner English Class
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30-6:30 pm
Beginner-Intermediate English Class
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30-7:30 pm
Rosetta Stone (language-learning computer program)
Literacy Suffolk Tutors
Station Branch History