Our Local History Room, located on the second floor of the Main Building has new hours! A librarian will be available to answer your genealogy and history related questions or you are invited to just browse the collection:
Tuesdays • 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Thursdays • 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Wednesdays • 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Beginning in October)
To make individual appointments or for more information, contact Teresa Schwind at 631–427-5165 x 202 or by email: .
Huntington Digital Collection
Family History Center Microfilm/Microfiche Service
Long Island Memories
- Ensure public access to the rich regional resources of Long Island.
- Promote the economic and efficient delivery of digital resources to the people of Long Island.
- Contribute to the State and National effort to develop digital libraries and museums.
- Encourage the use of digital resources to meet the New York State education standards.
Highlights of our Collection
- A Sermon Preached at Brook-haven, on Long Island, June 15th, 1758, previous to the Ordination of The Rev. Mr. Abner Brush, published 1758
- A Sketch of the First Settlement of the Several Towns on Long Island by Silas Wood, 1826
- New York City Directories: 1786, 1811, 1863, 1873
- Huntington Phonebooks (1978-present)
- Original Walt Whitman Correspondence
- Historic Documents and Letters: Wills, Deeds and Correspondence relating to Ketcham, Lloyd and Wood families (1704-1914)
- Huntington School District High School Yearbooks (1930-present)
- The Scribe, Huntington High School, vol. 1, no. 1, December 1904
- The Question Mark, Huntington High School, Feb 1935 - June 1936
- Census Records (1920-1924)
Historic Newspapers:Portico (Huntington Newspaper) - (1826-1827)
- Harper's Magazine (1850-1944)
- Harpers Weekly (1857-1864)
- National Enquirer (1827)
- Long Island Forum (1939-2004)
- Long Island Historical Journal (1988-2008)
- Huntington Historical Society Quarterly (1961-1986)
- Suffolk County Historical Society Register (1978-2002)
- New York History (1960-2001)
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register (1859-2004)
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Record (1872-present)